Scripps Poway Branch
Principal Accountabilities (95%):
- Develops member relationships by providing high-quality sales and service to each individual member and works with new and existing members to identify their financial needs, and assists them in the selection of the appropriate financial products and services.
- Provides an exceptional service experience consistent with Credit Union standards; resolve member complaints quickly and accurately; responds to member inquiries on the phone and in person.
- Provides timely closing of loans through consistent follow-up of loan approvals.
- Directly responds to member’s inquiries timely and accurately via telephone, mail, email, or an internal referral.
- Develop, expand and retain member relationship in order to increase member satisfaction.
- Adhere to Branch Service Level Standards, SLA’s and Corporate initiatives.
Opens new accounts:
- Explains account type, product, or service to member.
- Has thorough understanding of all credit union digital products and assists members in establishing all electronic services such as online banking, mobile banking, mobile deposits, direct deposit, bill pay, and etc.
- Interviews member to determine appropriate product/account/service to establish.
- Complies with all positive identification regulations for establishing new account holders.
- Analyzes existing account relationships in order to identify potential services and/or account sales opportunities.
- Generates outbound telemarketing calls; identifies member needs and promotes appropriate credit union products and services. Utilizes sales skills to source for new account relationships.
- Generates and closes identified sales opportunities with new and existing members to include the solicitation of loans, new accounts, and other credit union products and services.
- Develops and maintains a follow-up program for expanding multiple account relationships.
- Opens basic Business accounts, Fiduciary, Trust Accounts, IRAs and HSA. Completes all tasks required to establish and service the accounts.
Originates and funds consumer loans:
- Recommends appropriate products and services to members.
- Conducts interview with members relating to loan request.
- Cross-sells consumer loan protection products and services.
- Reviews documentation and forwards to Consumer Lending for review and approval on loans that are not system-approved.
- Communicates the loan disposition to member (approved, counter-offer, denied).
- Creates loan documents and obtains member signature(s).
- Disburses new loan and completes follow-up tasks.
- Discusses and refers Business Loans.
- Completes tasks and responsibilities relating to enhancing member relationships to increase member service.
- Develop existing and new member relationships – expanded client base thru business development, on-sites, and community and networking events.
- Attends onsite events.
Other Accountabilities (5%):
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures as they relate to assigned products, including, but not limited to, Truth In Savings and Fair Credit Lending Practices.
- Participates in all assigned staff development programs in support of the Credit Union's commitment to continuous improvement in sales and service, quality, and teamwork.
- Must consistently report to work on time, as scheduled.
- Complete all BAI trainings and classroom courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.